The Nightingale Cancer Support Centre
Voulantary Sales and Stock Assistants
To assist in the day-to-day running of the Nightingale charity shop (located at 188 Baker Street, EN2) to maximise sales and profitability.
You will be a person who has a courteous manner and a good standard of personal presentation, a confident individual who enjoys meeting and greeting the general public and who appreciates the value of teamwork and good customer care.
Each shop volunteer is asked to work a minimum of one 4 hour shift each week.
- To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard
- To assist in stock processing, including sorting, steaming, hanging of donated goods and once trained pricing of stock.
- To be involved in cash handling and till operation
- To assist the manager in ensuring stock and cash security
- To assist in keeping the shop premises clean and tidy
- To promote a supportive voluntary team
- To promote public understanding of the work of the Nightingale and the importance of raising funds through the shop
- To partake in the Charity's bag check programme and fully adhere to all aspects of the loss prevention policy
- To promote and apply the Nightingale health & safety policy
- This list is only a guide to the types of duties that may be required
Hours By arrangement (a minimum of half a day per week)
For an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8366 9674.
Registered Charity Number: 1094435