To protect our vulnerable clients, carers, volunteers and the staff we have closed the centre. We will be following government advice and will let you know when we will reopen.
Please check www.gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest updates.
For specific information on coronavirus for people with cancer please click here.
The government advice has changed for people displaying symptoms of Covid-19 coronavirus and for the rest of the general public: If you develop a new continuous cough or a high temperature of 37.8 degrees centigrade or higher, you should take the following precautions:
- if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started. Do not leave your home.
- if you live with others and you, or one of them, have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- If after 7 days you are still experiencing symptoms and they are worsening use the 111 online coronavirus service (www.111.nhs.uk/service/covid-19) to find out what to do next.
The government is now advising a range of social distancing measures to limit interaction with others and help contain the spread of the virus. Visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus for details on what you should do.
At The Nightingale, the wellbeing of the people we support, visitors, volunteers and staff is our first priority and that is why we are following advice and guidance issued by the World Health Organisation and the UK Government.
There are things that we can all do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Please do not hesitate to email our Head of Services Fiona Connell email@example.com if you have any concerns or questions or call us on 020 8366 4333
Finally, we would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding, and hope you, your family and friends stay fit and well in the coming weeks.
Last Updated: Friday 27th March 2020.