To assist in the day-to-day running of The Nightingale’s charity shops and help maximise sales. The shops are located at 188 Baker Street, EN1 3JY, 171 Bramley Road, Oakwood, N14 4XB and 71 High Street, Waltham Cross, EN8 7AE.
You will be a person who has a courteous manner and a good standard of personal presentation, a confident individual who enjoys meeting and greeting the general public and who appreciates the value of teamwork and good customer care.
Each shop volunteer is asked to work a minimum of one 4 hour shift e.g. 9.30am to 1.30pm each week.
- To assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard
- To assist in stock processing, including sorting, steaming, hanging of donated goods and once trained, pricing stock
- To be involved in cash handling and till operation
- To assist the manager in ensuring stock and cash security
- To assist in keeping the shop premises clean and tidy
- To promote a supportive voluntary team
- To promote public understanding of the work of The Nightingale and the importance of raising funds through the shop
- To partake in the charity’s bag check programme and fully adhere to all aspects of the loss prevention policy
- To promote and apply The Nightingale health & safety policy.
To apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org