Could You Be One Of Our Volunteer Counsellors?
The Nightingale Cancer Support Centre is a registered charity that helps people who have been affected by cancer, their families and anyone who supports them.
The Centre is based in Enfield North London, the nearest station is Enfield Chase which is approx. 10 minutes’ walk away. We aim to work together with existing local services to ensure that we provide comprehensive support. We offer a welcoming environment, in which each person is regarded as an individual with their own unique response to the changes brought about by a life-threatening illness.
Our services can help to:
• reduce levels of stress and trauma
• create a sense of well-being
• improve self-esteem and self-confidence
• reduce feelings of loneliness
• increase people’s sense of control and influence
Our criteria for considering you as a suitable candidate for a counselling placement requires that:
1. You are a qualified counsellor wishing to work towards accreditation with one of the professional bodies.
2. If you are a counselling student that you also agree to undertake continuous counselling for the duration of your placement.
3. You are committed to your own self-development and level of self-awareness through your own personal therapy and training.
What we ask for:
1. One-year commitment for client work. Starting with two clients, progressing to three.
2. Regular attendance at supervision.
3. Commitment to one’s personal and professional development.
4. Maintaining a professional conduct in all your dealings with The Nightingale clients and staff.
What we offer:
1. An opportunity to practice in an integrative service, working with clients on a 10-week allocation.
2. Paid supervision.
To apply for a placement, please telephone us on 0208 366 4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruitment is open throughout the year, if we don’t have vacancies at the time when we receive your application, we will keep your details on file and consider your application when we next have a vacancy.