Whatever your age, there are lots of different ways you can get involved and lots of fantastic fundraising ideas you can use all year round to raise funds for The Nightingale. Here are just a few ideas to get you thinking, but we are sure you will come up with your own unique event. In School, you could organise an event throughout the whole school or just within one class. Here are a list of some of the things you could do:
- Inside out day – pupils and staff pay a pound and come to school wearing their clothes the wrong way round.
- School disco – sell tickets to the event and then dance the afternoon/evening away.
- Sports day – Ask visitors to make a donation to watch their children compete in the schools existing sport day.
- Sponsored Walk/Run – Ask all students to ask their family and friends to sponsor them to take part in a 1 mile run (or a distance you choose).
- Sponsored Hold Your Tongue – Ask family and friends to sponsor you to take part in a sponsored silence.
- Please do let us know how you plan to fundraise, we will be happy to help you every step of the way. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be supply you with a variety of fundraising materials to help you make your idea standout. Things we can supply you with will include:
- Collection boxes
- Collection buckets
- A Nightingale logo which can be added to your own promotional material
- Nightingale posters
Read how Lola Juliet organised her own event for The Nightingale.